While all nebulizer sets will work with all nebulizer compressors (as long as the tubing fits), the same is not true for all neb kits working with all nebulizer masks. This is because masks come in 2 different types: front and bottom loading.
- Most masks are bottom loading, meaning they fit on the top part of the neb set due to the mask's elbow piece
- An example of this type of mask is the Super Spike Dog Mask - see how the part under the nose goes down to attach to the nebulizer?
- Front loading masks, like the PARI Bubbles the Fish Mask attach horizontally
- This type of mask fits neb sets with a similar horizontal opening (see image on right)
- Sometimes front loading masks, like Bubbles the Fish, come with an elbow piece to let it work with bottom or front loading neb sets - be sure to read the product description!
- On the other hand, bottom loading masks won't work with front loading neb kits!
There's a big difference between front loading and bottom loading nebulizer masks, so be sure you're selecting the correct one to match with the nebulizer you own. If you have any questions about what mask will work with which nebulizer, please give us a call at 1-800-998-7750, and we'll be happy to answer any question you may have.